Thomas Jefferson was both a stellar statesman and a poignant commmunicator!
The following are his famous "10 Rules for Living the Good Life."
1. NEVER put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
2. NEVER trouble another for what you can do yourself.
3. NEVER spend your money before you have it.
4. NEVER buy what you do not want because it is cheap; it will never be dear to you.
5. PRIDE costs us more than hunger, thirst, and cold.
6. NEVER repent of h
As a communicator it's vitally important to speak with credibility. When you have it...90% of the work to convey your message to someone else is done!
Here are a few great ways to build credibility...
1. Know your subject backwards and forwards, inside and out. If someone asks you a question and you do not know the answer 100% - tell them you do not know and get them the answer at another time. OR...send them to someone else. 2. Speak as you normally would. Do not try to
Before, I go too far, realize that you are a successful public speaker. Let's make a quick distiction. We are all public speakers. We all speak outside our homes in mixed company. So yes, you are a public speaker and probably do not fear it much now, do you?
So, what you may fear, like many others, is speaking in front of large groups about a specific topic. Personally, I really enjoy speaking to large groups. Maybe it's ego, vanity, or just knowing that I h
I came across this passage called "RISK" and wanted to share it with all of you. It's a great summation of risk/reward.
To laugh is to risk appearing the fool
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental
To reach out to others is to risk involvement
To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self
To place your ideas, your dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss
To love is to risk not being loved in return
To live is to risk dying
I was a special honor to do my 8-step FEAR process presentation for the Deerfield, IL Rotary Club. Local Rotary Clubs work in their communities on various projects to help better their neighborhoods and promote goodwill. Ryan Twose, President of the Deerfield Rotary Club (pictured here) sent me a wonderful testimonial saying, "StartFragmentPeter tackles a difficult topic (fear) in an engaging and honest way. I hope more Rotary clubs in our area get to hear his message." A BI